Sunday, February 10, 2013

How to motivate yourself in getting yourself to exercise: Know your calories and wear fashionable sporty outfits!

One of my 2013 resolutions is to.... get fit and fab! Yeah, right. I always say that every January of the year but I'm having a hard time to drag my very heavy and lazy ass to workout! I found a new website which can be your bestfriend!! My Fitness Pal is one sheer genius!!! It works in these easy ways:

  1. You have to sign up and enter your essentials like birthday, weight and the lbs. you want to lose
  2. You will be assigned to a 1200 calorie diet per day
  3. You have to input your food intake (breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner) by selecting it from their database. You can input exactly per brand! Like for example I ate Leslie's Farmer John's potato chips and 1 serving of Red Ribbon Mango Bar. They will have the calories in each and it will automatically add your total calories for the day
  4. At the end of the 5 week period, you will get to reach your desired weight loss should you maintain the required calorie intake.
I tried it first time and whoa!!! From the required 1,200 calories, I already took 1,700 (and that's just 4 pm in the afternoon). The Crave burger I ate was already a whopping 670 calories!!! Excluding fries and my iced tea. Haayz :( I even drank 1 regular sized Chatime in Choco Mint, 1 regular sized McDonald's fries, 1 sour cream Piattos (small), 2 pieces Chocolate Crunchies. (Gluttony!!!!!!!!!!!)

With that said, here are my essential picks from Forever 21 that will really drive me to workout since I need to showcase my fashionable sporty wear. I hope these are available at our local Forever 21 store here

Ditsy triangle cutout tee


 
Mesh top

 
 
Racerback athetic top



Ruched cardio shorts



Colorblocked skinny workout shorts


 
Perforated capris



Patch pocket athletic pants
 




I plan to do some running (it's free! I can run inside our village hehehe!) since I have already joined fun runs in the past (3K!) so I need new footwear as well to match my new outfits. Hahahaha! I have 2 brands in mind which are reasonable in price, fashion-forward (good design, colors, not too bulky looking)and highly regarded in running.


Skechers GoRun 2
 
 
Saucony Kinvara 3






How about you? What motivation are you taking to in getting fit and healthy? Maybe hitting the beach in the your dream two-piece could work!! Hahaha!


XOXO,

Ghetto Gurls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails