Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bookworm: 2013 reads

I'm a self-confessed bookworm. I love reading magazines whether it's the latest or backissue. For books, I'm 50-50 into fiction and non-fiction. Last 2012, I have finished these following reads:

 Colton Burpo's story moved me! A very short read but will definitely fill up your soul
 
 
And yes, I jumped the bandwagon and read Christian Grey and Anastacia Steele's story hehe!
 
 
 
Lauren Conrad's debut novel, LA Candy
 
 
 
 
I'd like to share to you the following reads I have and will be reading for 2013. Happy nerd!! :p
 
John Green's The Fault in our Stars. The young ones and young at heart (me!) are into this book. I wanna know what's the fuss about.
 
 
 
David Levithan's Lover's Dictionary. I first saw this book as one of my friends posted this in instagram. She just screen shot a portion. And in a few seconds, I bursted into my oooohsss and awwwwwws. Next to Fifty Shades, I always see this being read by the girlies. So this goes into my must-read list
 
 
 
Malcolm Gladwell's The Outliers. He is very good! His philosophies are interesting. I want to read next his other books like Blink and The Tipping Point. I just finished the 10,000 hours chapter. And he makes sense.
 
 
 
And I got a Lauren Conrad novel as my Christmas Party exchange gift!! Hahaha! The LA Candy kept me hanging... so I need to read this.
 
 
Better if I get an eBook because no need to buy the real thing hehe! But sometimes the joy of smelling the pages and flipping it makes the whole reading experience complete. I can stay in a bookstore and browse through the aisles and look for books I want to checkot. I dunno if you feel the same way :) I never thought I'd say this now but reading is feeding your soul. It's good for everyone to read, read, and read! I notice that with the iPads, gadgets, we have now we often forget to do basic things like play outside or read REAL books. So get your bucket list and add one now: READ  A BOOK. A REAL BOOK :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails