Monday, March 28, 2011

Yay or Nay: Maybelline Bronze Orange Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick

Good Morning Ghetto Gurls!

Happy Monday! Time flies so fast and it's the last week of March! First quarter is officially over! Can you believe that? April is fast approaching which means.. it's officially summer! :)

After writing about my curiousness about Angel Locsin's lipstick color, I found myself 2 days after scouting for one in Watsons hahahaha!! :) I went to the Maybelline section and it was like me being inside Willy Wonka's candy factory hehehehe! The sales assistant was very helpful in answering all my questions if they had a coraly-peachy-orange lip color. Then she showed me the section of the Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick line. WOW! There are 4 categories of this line: Red, Pink, Coral, Nude. Of course my eyes were fixed to the different coral selections because that was my target for the day. I had a hard time debating what to purchase since all the selections were fab! I only have to buy one so after tons of testing, swiping, and looking at the swatches, I went for the Bronze Orange one.

Maybelline Bronze Orange Color Sensational Lipstick


The lipstick up close and personal :)



"Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme lipstick has Sensational Moisturization, which is a formula with hydra nectar that moisturizes lips up to 8 hours. Its sensational color is richer for luscious and voluptuous color. It also has SPF 15 for sun protection."


Swatch: Without flash 


Swatch: With Flash


 On my lippies without flash


On my lippies with flash



Yay's
  • LOVE LOVE the shade! Perfection! Well it's the coraly-orangey-peachy shade I've been looking for.
  • The shade is comparable to the level of NARS Orgasm. It's like a peachy-coraly-pink and I believe the shade will suit all skintones, just like NARS Orgasm. Well, think of it as a universal lipstick that is flattering for almost everyone
  • Works on pigmented lips. If you saw in the picture, you won't think that I have pigmented lips.Color is very rich and blended very well after application.
  • Has SPF 15
  • Super cheapo! Just Php 299.00 What a steal!
  • Definitely moisturizing! I tried using it without applying any lipbalm and it ain't drying my lips.

Nay's
  • Staying power isn't that long compared to my MAC. But I don't mind reapplying every once in a while hehehe!

Super duper highly recommended!!!! Not bad for Php 299.00. This one's a MUST for every girl's makeup kit. Seriously!!! You can use this for daytime, for work, for school, for dinner dates and the list goes on!Drop one frapuccino this week so you have extra cash for your new lipstick hahaha! :-) I'm gonna check out the other lines (red, nude, and pink) to add to my lippies hehehe! Well, my first and only red lipstick I have is from Maybelline too and it didn't fail me :) My tube is already finished so I have reason to scout a replacement and add a nude and pink as well  :)


Stay happy everyone and happy monday!


XOXO,
Ghetto B

3 comments:

  1. this is a very timely post! i am also looking for a peach shade of lipstick for summer! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow issa! great to hear that! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweets. Inviting you to a make-up giveaway, my summer beauty campaign :D Good luck! http://www.lovingsunshine.com/2011/04/make-up-giveaway-summer-campaign.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails