Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Battle of the Mascaras: Cover Girl Lash Blast, Revlon Grow Luscious, and Maybelline Volume Express

Hello Girlies!

It's been quite a while since I posted last. I wasn't busy being a nerd but rather, I was busy enjoying my vacation mode while Shanna does all the writing hehehe!

For a year and a half now, I have never bought a mascara because I have a "fairy god mascara supplier" I shall hide using the name ASKMEWHATS :)) hehehehe! But it's true! Everytime my supply runs out and I have this urge to buy my own, she would magically hand me a sample mascara! I had like 3 consecutive tubes from her. Since we don't see each other anymore than before, I sort of "missed" having her pop out of her cubicle and give me my mascara present *awww*. So now, I should start scouting one on my own.

I have three choices in mind: Cover Girl Lash Blast, Revlon Grow Luscious, and Maybelline Magnum Volum Express. To start things first, I have never tried any of the mascaras. I will be basing my "buying decision" based on the print ads and blogger reviews. Let's see if any of these mascara 4Ps (Product, Price, Packaging, and Promotion) will lure me into buying their product.



Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara
Price: Php 575.00




  • I love Drew Barrymore here. She looks so pretty! Love the yellow theme

  • Lash blast promises more length (which I'm not aiming for)

  • I'm not liking the wand but they said that this is Covergirl's longeset brush ever

  • Read good reviews as well

  • Price ranks as the middle between the 3 mascaras

Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
Price: Php 625.00
 
 


  • I like Jessica Biel. And she looks gorgeous in here :)

  • I'm looking for volume rather than length so Grow Luscious isn't so appealing to me

  • The packaging is ordinary compared to the 2 mascaras. It's the usual cylinder shape. But I like the turquoise color just so they don't get nothing hehehe!

  • I don't like the wand as well. Typical and the usual.

  • Read not so good reviews on this

  • Grow Luscious is the most expensive of the 3 mascaras



Maybelline Magnum Volum Express Mascara
Price: Php 429.00

 
 

  • A friend of mine gave me a Maybelline mascara before as a gift from her trip to Guam. Ever since I have been using Maybelline Mascaras

  • 2 friends of mine (including Shanna) are current users of Maybelline Magnum

  • I like the packaging. Not the usual cylinder type. Plus purple and gold/yellow is eye catchy! (Looks like the Lakers mascara hehehehe!)

  • I'm liking the wand. It's long and thick to get the mascara from within. Has different bristle sizes too.

  • I want more volume than more length to my lashes so this appeals to me

  • Read good reviews on it

  • Always voted as Best Drugstore Mascara in InStyle magazine

  • Maybelline Magnun is the cheapest of the three

What's the verdict?????

Though it doesn't have a celebrity endorser, and it has more pros than cons, I will buy Maybelline Magnum Volum Express.

What do you think??? Did I make the right decision? :)


XOXO,
Ghetto B

2 comments:

  1. go for Magnum! I finished my own tube and will repurchase! hehehehe Miss you bei!!! Sorry I wasn't able to pop up anytime with a tube of mascara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss na kita!! excited to see you major major soon! :D let's go magnum hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails