Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Food Trip: Father's Day Lunch at Pino Resto Bar

Good morning girls! I'd like to share with you how my family celebrated Father's Day. My brother treated the family to lunch because he already got his first pay from his first job!! He wanted to eat somewhere he hasn't eaten yet. He asked me for some choices so he can trim it down. I told him we have to reserve asap because we are anticipating the influx of families eating out to celebrate Father's day. Then after much deliberation, we reserved at a nearby resto (as we don't want to go to the malls already) that we've been hearing much raves about - - - -
Pino Resto Bar!


It was a good idea to reserve the night before because when we arrived, I think they're not allowing walk-in customers anymore because it's already packed with families celebrating Father's Day. I like the ambience, the courteous staff, the cleanliness, and the interiors as well (they have this doodle wall with an intricate artwork).


I forgot to get the prices of each entree but I tell you, we just paid Php 1,750 for everything we've ordered!!!! We even took home some because we really couldn't finish it with the big servings!

Tempura Oysters and Pearls.
This is D.I.V.I.N.E!! I love the wasabi oysters! I don't eat wasabi ever but this is great!
There's a tinge of wasabi in the batter of the oyster. Must-try!




Wasabi Onion Rings.
Like the batter of the oysters, this one has a tinge of wasabi as well. Delish!




Pino Iced Tea Pitcher.
We had 3 pitchers of their in-house iced tea! Yummmy!




Red Wine Adobong Tadyang.
This is what I ordered. The meat is very tender.
I love the sweet taste of their Adobo. With the fancy presentation,
I couldn't help but feel I'm a judge at the Iron Chef America :)




Kare kareng Bagnet.
My brother ordered this. He loves loves loves it. 3 slabs of big
bagnet and he couldn't finish it. Peanut sauce is
yummy combined with the bagoong rice.




Bacon and Cheese-stuffed Chicken Breast.
My brother who took care of the bill ordered this. He said it's
like chicken cordon bleu. Upon first bite, he just said
"mmmmm. yummm..mmmm!" Hahaha!




Tuna Shitake Pasta.
This is what mother ordered. But she mistakenly ate dad's pasta. So they
exchanged plates after her order arrived. She liked the Gambas and
Squid Aligue Paste better (according to her). So they just
shared pastas haha! At first she thought the serving is too small but in
the end, it was indeed heavy and wasn't able to finish everything.




Gambas and Squid Aligue Pasta.
As mother and father said, they like this better than the Tuna Shitake Pasta.
Maybe because of the flavorful aligue. I love aligue even if
it's full of cholesterol :-) Having it once in a while doesn't hurt! :)




Pino Choco Turon.
Of course we still have room for dessert! We just got one order of this to be
shared by everyone. It's mini turon (size of a lumpiang shanghai) and it has
banana and chocnut inside with vanilla ice cream on top. Size is just right
and good to share for 5! Another yumm!!





Here's our small and happy family after a sumptuous meal at Pino :)

Happy Father's Day Daddy-o!



If you live within the area or you want to go on a food trip adventure if you live far down south, going to Pino Resto Bar is worth it!


Pino Resto Bar
39 Malingap Street, Teachers Village, Quezon City
(02) 441-17-73


XOXO,
Ghetto B

3 comments:

  1. Hi! that kare-kareng bagnet looks so interesting...yumm. Will definitely try this resto soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leahdi - definitely worth a try! :) go there on your next date *wink*

    Mr Lonely - thank you! you have an interesting blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails